URSOLIC ACID SUPPLEMENT FROM ERIOBOTRYA JAPONICA LEAVES
Supersmart’s ursolic acid supplement comes in vegetarian capsules and provides significant benefits for your overall well-being. In studies, it has demonstrated anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and shown to inhibit some viruses. The leaves of the Japanese loquat tree (Eriobotrya japonica) contain valuable substances known as oleanolic acid, amygdalin and ursolic acid. They also contain pentacyclic triterpene, which is found in small portions in rosemary, apple peel, sage and holy basil (tulsi).
Ursolic acid and its isomer, oleanolic acid, are chemically almost identical. Their structure only differs in the position within the methyl group (CH3). However, both offer potentially vital health benefits, according to research. It has been studied for preventing the development of cancer, inhibiting existing tumor cells, and protecting against the side-effects of chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
So, what is ursolic acid used for? In nature, the ursolic acid is found in a variety of plants, but you can also take ursolic acid capsules to ensure a proper dosage. So far, the science regarding ursolic acid health benefits is largely preliminary, but studies continue to exhibit advantages. One study indicates that it could regulate or repair aging skin, while another study points to an increase in skeletal muscle growth.
While we don't have all of the evidence needed yet, it's clear that people buy ursolic acid supplements to promote their overall well-being.
Ursolic Acid Benefits
Ursolic acid has traditionally been used for the skin as it appears to repair damaged tissues in the cutaneous barrier and scalp. It might also protect the skin from photo-aging and could be a potent inhibitor of elastase, an enzyme present in the skin which attacks structural proteins.
With its multiple properties, ursolic acid is, therefore, an important addition to the range of phytoceutical resources available for anti-aging in general.
Because ursolic acid has also shown to have anti-infection effects and inhibit some viruses, it is used to promote overall health. Some studies suggest it is especially effective against the herpes virus, adenovirus and enterovirus. Recent studies on rats have even indicated that its inhibitory power (reversible) on human leukocyte elastase may have potential in the treatment of inflammatory lung diseases, such as H1N1 and SARS virus infections. Ursolic acid also has shown anti-microbial and immune-stimulant effects, particularly in the treatment of tuberculosis, according to one study.
Other research shows it may impact Alzheimer's disease by inhibiting the enzyme acetylcholinesterase — reducing the enzymatic degradation of acetylcholine and improving cholinergic transmission.
What do studies show about Ursolic Acid supplements?
Benefits for muscle mass
Studies show ursolic acid may be beneficial to the body’s muscles. Benefits may include:
- Ursolic acid may help stem sarcopenia (muscle loss associated with aging and certain diseases).
- Animal studies have demonstrated its ability to increase muscle volume and power
- According to researchers, ursolic acid might be able to reduce body fat, fasting blood glucose, and cholesterol and triglyceride levels, by acting on two key hormones: IGF-1 and insulin.
- Ursolic acid is one of the most popular supplements for American bodybuilders.
- By regulating certain RNA messengers, it may also help maintain muscle mass in individuals following low-calorie diets.
Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory properties
Ursolic acid has been studied to be a powerful and natural anti-inflammatory which inhibits human leukocyte elastase (HLE) as well as 5-lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase-2 activity and prostaglandin synthesis. It also has antioxidant and anti-MMP-9 (matrix metalloproteinase-9) effects. In addition, it could offer important cancer protection, acting on a number of parameters:
- In inflammatory pathways, it prevents COX 2 expression by cancer cells, and reduces the differentiation of Th-17 cells and production of pro-inflammatory cytokines (interleukin IL17).
- It protects against the side-effects associated with chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- It induces apoptosis (programmed cell death) in melanoma cells in culture and inhibits both the spread of HT-29 human colon adenocarcinoma cells and the growth of HEC108 endometrial cancer cells through the caspase-3 pathway.
- It neutralizes NF-kB, preventing initialized cells from reproducing and triggering the death of damaged cells. As a result of this effect on NF-kB, ursolic acid activates resting macrophages and thus helps destroy tumor cells at the earliest stages of cancer.
Those wishing to achieve a more sculpted figure may be interested in other supplements available to buy at Supersmart such as for improving muscle mass/fat mass ratio. And for muscle weakness, molecules with anti-aging effects, like , are available as nutritional supplements.
Buy Ursolic acid to improve overall muscle health and possibly increase anti-inflammatory protection.